Désolé – cette page disponible seulement en anglais.
Chantez avec nous
Quotes from our members:
“I couldn’t get to sleep after last week’s rehearsal; I was on a high for 48 hours.”
“When I’m listening to music on the radio now, I hear things I’ve never noticed before. I’m more aware.”
The Cantata Singers of Ottawa is an adult, mixed voice, auditioned concert choir.
A highly respected and long-standing contributor to the musical life of Canada, the CSO produces an annual season, regularly sings at the National Arts Centre and undertakes collaborations with leading Canadian instrumental and vocal ensembles.
We are looking for people who can:
- Sing confidently and demonstrate a passion for choral music.
- Commit to learning music and attending rehearsals throughout the season.
- Participate and contribute to the musical and social life of the choir.
In return we offer:
- High-quality music-making with our inspiring Artistic Director.
- A variety of music to challenge and broaden your choral horizons.
- An enjoyable social experience with a shared passion for music-making.
- Bursaries and subsidized places for students and young singers.
What is the commitment?
- Regular rehearsals are every Tuesday night from 7:00 PM to 9:30 PM at Knox Presbyterian Church (Elgin and Lisgar) in downtown Ottawa.
- Rehearsals also take place on other dates, particularly just before concerts and for work with other ensembles. A full up-to-date season timetable is accessible to members through the website.
- The season usually starts at the beginning of September and finishes in May or June, depending on the concert schedule for the year.
- There is an annual membership fee, for which a charitable donation receipt is issued.
What happens during the Audition?
- The audition includes: an assessment of vocal range and intonation, singback of intervals and melodies, sight-reading; and performance of a prepared audition piece.
- Your audition piece can be any repertoire/style but should be something that you know well and that shows off your voice. Please bring a copy for the accompanist.
- We want to hear your true voice, so we will do everything we can to put you at ease and let you sing your best.
How do I apply?
- Send an e-mail including your contact details, voice type and a short note on your choral experience to :
csoauditions (at) cantatasingersottawa.ca
We look forward to hearing from you!