For other resources, see Choir Shared Folder.
Recordings in The Ottawa Public Library’s online Naxos music collection are usually the best. You need an account for the Ottawa Public Library to access these. Instructions can be found here:
Troubleshooting: The collection is sometimes offline, giving this message:
- The maximum number of simultaneous users authorized by your institution has been reached. Please try again later.
- In order to properly end a session and free up a user count, all users must click on the red <Log-Out> button. Failure to do so will occupy one user count until the session times out.
- If this persists, please inform your admin of the situation.
When this happens, you have to wait for an admin to get around to killing off the orphan sessions. So please make sure you click the Log-Out button at the top left when you’re done. If you remember this after you closed the page, but have not yet closed the whole browser, click the link to the page again, click the Log-Out button, and close the page.
We provide alternatives for cases where you or the collection are offline, or no OPL recording is available.
2016-2017 (Season 53)
1: Shakespeare in Song
2: Family Christmas Spectacular
3: Venetian Vespers by Candlelight
NAC: Mozart’s Requiem
For public info, see the Public concert page here.
- MOZART, W.A.: Requiem, K. 626 (completed by R. Levin) (Labadie) (Dorian)
- OPL Naxos
- Karina Gauvin (soprano)
- Marie-Nicole Lemieux (contralto)
- John Tessier (tenor)
- Nathan Berg (bass-baritone)
- Labadie, Bernard (conductor)
- La Chapelle de Québec
- Les Violons du Roy
- This excellent Canadian recording is very clear. However, this version is the one revised by Robert D. Levin, rather than the Süssmayr/Beyer version that we are using. Most of the choral sections are the same, but there are a few differences.
- MOZART, W.A.: Requiem (Mattila, Mingardo, Schade, Terfel, Swedish Radio Choir, Berlin Philharmonic, Abbado) (Deutsche Grammophon)
- OPL Naxos
- For comparison, this recording is "un-Levin'ed", but still does not match our score exactly.
- MOZART, W.A.: Requiem in D Minor / Mass No. 18 (Welser-Most) (Warner)
- OPL Naxos
- Although our score claims to be the edition completed by Franz Beyer, this is the only recording of the Bayer completion in the Naxos OPL catalog that actually matches our scores in the last 4 movements. It's not great, but it's usable.
Sing Ottawa en choeur
Records of concert prep info for 2015 and earlier can be found here.
- Copy 2015-2016 info from the CSO Music folder in Google Drive?